We work with clients in two ways. Resident clients operate their businesses out of CEI's high-tech facility, taking advantage of a dynamic and collaborative business environment. Affiliate clients use the shared office environment when needed, primarily conducting their business out of their own offices or laboratories. All clients receive business development assistance, coaching and mentoring from staff, mentors and partners. The central location of CEI near Sky Harbor Airport and Downtown Phoenix provides easy access from almost anywhere in the world.
“If you are committed to creating value and if you aren’t afraid of hard times; obstacles become utterly unimportant. A nuisance perhaps; but with no real power. The world respects creation; people will get out of your way.” – Candice Carpenter
As a resident client you will be able to take advantage of a dynamic and collaborative business environment without costly overhead. Operating from your private office suite, accessible 24/7 with secure key card access, you'll be part of of something special. Your lease fees, which are all inclusive, give you access to all our facilities, programs and resources.
As an affiliate client you have full access to any resources or facilities at CEI. You are able to use a shared office when needed, primarily conducting your business out of your own facility off site. A nominal annual fee gets you the same access to our facilities, programs and resources.
Being accepted into the CEI Incubation program comes with certain requirements, expectations and obligations.
You will be required to:
- One-on-one monthly business reviews
- One-on-one quarterly business review and milestone reviews
- Regular "lunch and learn" mid-day working sessions on a variety of business topics from intellectual property to marketing.
- Open book accounting and regular accounting reviews
- Group business planning and "live fire" presentations
You can expect:
- Responsive incubator management, staff and resources
- Fully functioning environments
- Access to mentors and counselors
Your obligations are:
- Participate. The decisions about your business are yours to make. Our role is to provide you access to experience and expertise. Yours is to participate and engage with CEI and other client companies during our programs.
- Provide feedback to us. Ask questions. Seek out opportunities for us to work with you and provide you what you need to succeed.
- Have fun. You've chosen a path for your business, and life, full of opportunities along with challenges.